Thu, Oct 06|
Thursday Community Chat: Pelvic Floor Health & Core Strength w/ PT Karen Hodges
A workshop to empower you in efficient pelvic floor strength, lateral abdominal stabilization, and body mechanics during pregnancy and beyond with Bayo Vista Physical Therapy.
Time & Location
Oct 06, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the event
Bayo Vista's team of pelvic floor therapists is dedicated to debunking common myths to reduce fears and build confidence through research-based information and strategies. Gain knowledge and awareness about this oh so important, and often neglected, part of the body from the physical therapists' perspective
Your Pelvic Floor
- Learn the purposeful design of the pelvic floor & its connection to the diaphragm.
- Experience shortening and lengthening of your pelvic floor through guided exercise to prevent tearing.
- Learn self assessment strategies for your own body that can serve as a guide for tracking healing in the postpartum period.
- Understand research around diastasis recti and effective strategies to reduce occurrence.
- Experience neutral mechanics for lifting, carrying, sitting and sleeping to reduce pain prenatally and postpartum.
Bayo Vista is right upstairs in the Golden Oak's 30th St. space. We have been collaborating with Karen for years, and our clients resoundingly attest to her incredible knowledge and effective diagnosis and treatment of a whole host of pregnancy and postpartum issues.
Learn more about Bayo Vista PT here.