Tue, Oct 10|
Intro to Postpartum Workshop
Included in your Golden Oak care! (And open to the broader community). This 1.5 hr workshop will cover all the bases of what early postpartum is like for both you and your baby!
Time & Location
Oct 10, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
About the event
This 1.5 hr workshop, in combination with the Newborn Feeding Workshop, is included in your Golden Oak experience! The broader community is also welcome for a fee of $25.00.
The workshop will cover a wide range of topics designed to help you feel more prepared and less anxious about the "4th Trimester". Great for both birthing person and partner to attend! Randi will provide evidence-based information; help set reasonable expectations; and dispell myths.
- what to expect the first 1-3 weeks- for baby and mama/birthing person
- understanding baby's cues
- the all-important issue of sleep
- strategies for calming your baby
- swadddling and baby-wearing
- Mama's/birthing person's changing body
- understanding newborn "regulation"
- getting and managing support
- creating a plan with partner
- Bonding & skin to skin