Mon, Jan 23|
Intro to Newborn Feeding Workshop
Included in your Golden Oak care (and open to the broader community)! In this 1.5 hr workshop, Lactation Consultant Alexis Harringtion-Kihn will give you a solid foundation of information about feeding your newborn! Come with questions!
Time & Location
Jan 23, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Oakland, 419 30th St, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
About the event
This 1.5 hr workshop, in combination with the Newborn Feeding Workshop, is included in your Golden Oak experience! The broader community is also welcome for a fee of $25.00.
The workshop will cover a wide range of topics designed to help you feel more prepared and less anxious about the "4th Trimester". Great for both birthing person and partner to attend! Randi will provide evidence-based information; help set reasonable expectations; and dispell myths.
- what to expect the first 1-3 weeks- for baby and mama/birthing person
- understanding baby's cues
- the all-important issue of sleep
- strategies for calming your baby
- swadddling and baby-wearing
- Mama's/birthing person's changing body
- understanding newborn "regulation"
- getting and managing support
- creating a plan with partner
- Bonding & skin to skin
Learn more about Rand Johnson!